Before I even picked up Logans book, the vibrant, yet musty red color made me feel warm and cozy. The blue stitching was perfect, it as well gave me a warm feeling. As soon as i could, I flipped the cover over to see what the book could be called. "The Odyssey." That title made me think of so many things all at once.
I flipped the next page over, and the first thing I thought was, "I'm glad this is in color, and not black and white." If it had been in black and white, it would have made the pictures look dull; and with a title called "The Odyssey", the pictures need to stand out, and show their full colors.
The first picture makes me think that whomever was outside, literally just came inside. The snow still looks fresh on the wet clothing, while it lays, dripping on the towel. The next picture makes me think that a mother came and yelled at her child for leaving the wet clothing on the floor (I know my mom would do that!). I like the way in this photo, the strings on the top of the boot entangle with the lines on the heater.
I love the colors in the third photo. The way the bright green sled is perched up against the brown wooden wall, and the toasty brown chair with the fuzzy blue blanket on it. This picture makes me like snow, which is amazing, because i hate snow!
The next few pictures show warm things inside a warm house, that is surrounded by the cold. Hot cocoa mix, warm socks on a heater, fresh baked chocolate chip cookies, fuzzy blankets, and finally a fireplace. Logan captured what it is like to come in from playing in the snow perfectly. The blankets could represent being warm, and tired at the same time. The cookies could represent hunger.
Last year, i did the project similarly on "A winter day"; but it was quite jumbled. I feel that Logans project is much easier to understand. The pictures make me feel like i was just outside playing in the snow, and now am in a cozy house trying to warm up.
There is a little bit of bluriness in some of the photos, but i like that. It makes me think of when my eyes are blurry with snow and wind.
Good job Logan! [-=
This is a good start Ariel. We joked about this in class, but I do think it requires serious attention -- what do you think of the title? You write: "with a title called "The Odyssey", the pictures need to stand out, and show their full colors." What do you mean by this?
ReplyDelete